Thursday, September 19, 2013

gasoline (callouses)

gasoline (callouses)

"Perfection exacts a price, but it's the imperfect who pay it."
MaddAddam, Margaret Atwood

i have learned to hate myself
doused in gasoline

self-immolation through coming to know
the light at the end of the tunnel


my skin has grown callous
everywhere you have not touched me
everywhere you do not touch me
everywhere you will never touch me again

ignored desire must find a way to survive
the long cold winter of your absence
in the abrasive wake of not being chosen
as if nothing every really mattered at all

these callouses now cover a war with myself
this never-ending longing to touch and be touched
and the realization i ache to read this book with you
so that we can talk and talk and talk and talk

No comments:

Post a Comment